.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sven Wechsler is a standup comic in New York. This is the blog where he posts his observational, stream-of-consciousness ramblings. For video footage and schedule, go to www.SvenWechsler.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

I get a part in a De Niro movie.



Two days ago, I'm driving around helping this Israeli guy move a T.V. he bought from the Upper East Side to further Upper East Side and, just as we finish lifting this 200 pound T.V. out of my van, my phone rings.

"Hello"
"Hello, is this Sven Wechsler?"
"Yes"
"This is so and so from such and such casting. Would you be available to have a meeting with Robert De Niro on Wednesday about a rold in the movie he's directing?"
"Uhm, has anybody said no to that question yet?"
"No. Nobody has."
"Right, well I'm up for that."
"Great."

Cut to two days later (Today). I show up at a mansion in Yonkers and am directed to holding area with all the extras and other people there for "interviews". I wait four hours in a room with no heat. They eventually build a fire in the fire place, but you had to be standing in front of it to feel any of that. Finally, they tell me and the two other guys up for the role a Swedish janitor at the U.S. embassy in Stockholm to stand against a wall. The two other guys are blond and actually speak Swedish. (There might be a line in the film). Robert De Niro comes in. I don't notice because I'm laughing at the crazy old lady who hasn't shut up the whole day. By the time I notice De Niro is standing in front of me, they tell us to sit down.

Ten minutes later they came up and told the two blond guys who spoke Swedish to go home and that I was in.

Then they took me to go eat with a few guys playing CIA agents and then to wardrobe, where I took off my clothes in front of a couple ladies while they put me in various pants, shoes and shirts. Then, a very gay man cut my hair for a long time (considering how little hair I had to begin with). Then they told me to come back tommorow.

Here's the Internet Movie Database Page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343737/

Also in the movie....

Matt Damon, Angelina Jolie, Joe Pesci
.... and Sven Wechsler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home