.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sven Wechsler is a standup comic in New York. This is the blog where he posts his observational, stream-of-consciousness ramblings. For video footage and schedule, go to www.SvenWechsler.com

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Playing to Morons

Went to Connecticut and went up after an hour and a half of other comics. Audience huge, but very drunk and already busy not paying attention to the stage. Comic after me actually started his set by screaming in to the microphone "Shut the fuck up!"

Anywho, it occurs to me that I'm a bit of a brainiac (99th percentile) and I've chosen a career that requires me pandering to the average moron, at least until I am known and have a more selective audience. This will continue to be the situation for a while.

Therefore, I'm trying to write some fairly universal material for the average moron that makes up the population, at least so they'll shut up for a moment and let me do the rest of my act. I'm not selling out, just retooling for a long battle.

Meanwhile, I will continue to seek out my fellow brainiacs.

Sometimes, I wish I was dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home