.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sven Wechsler is a standup comic in New York. This is the blog where he posts his observational, stream-of-consciousness ramblings. For video footage and schedule, go to www.SvenWechsler.com

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Well, glad that's over. Managed to get through it all without losing my girlfriend, family members, reputation and credit rating; Coincidentally, my resolutions for the new year consist of keeping the aforementioned through the next Winter Solstice. I would also like to become a better conversationalist, or, at the very least, become better at feigning interest.

I hate to be cliché in my holiday cynicism, but I really like the quiet solitude of winter, and nothing spoils peaceful introspection like ritual obligation. The annual parties for various institutions that hardly deserve an annual party (offices, couples, non-existent deities, miracle oils) weigh on my mind and poor conversation skills like large breasts on a girl with low self-esteem - The feeling that simile just gave you is the feeling I have at a New Years Eve party. And, yes, large breasts are a metaphor for being extremely intelligent.

By the way. Rapper’s Delight is playing in the coffee shop right now, and that song really stands the test of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home